September 23, 2008

Raise your hands if you're in love with Barney.


"Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination. And when he's tall, he's what we call a dinosaur sensation..."

Barney has officially taken over my life. He's constantly on my tv and in my car. He's there when I wake up, he's there when I eat, when I come home, and when I go to bed. He's even there at my in-laws place on Saturdays and Sundays. There's just no way to escape Barney and his friends, BJ and Baby Bop.

This is all because Baby M is so truly, madly, deeply in love with Barney. She's now capable of finding Barney, and asking for him when he's not around. She's even capable of missing him after absence as short as a day. She feels peaceful just listening to the chiming of "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...".


This was taken upon our arrival from a quick weekend getaway in Surabaya. She hadn't seen Barney for about 60 hours. Just as she saw the small screen TV in our Serena, she just had to meet him again. She obviously missed him so. And no one, and I mean NO ONE, can come between her and her Barney.

But as sick as I am with the whole new modern version of Yankee Doodle, her beaming smile kinda makes up for it all. At least it's just a dinosaur from her imagination, just a dinosaur sensation, and not some boy, or even another mom.

I've got something to be thankful for.

No comments: