August 27, 2008

Need to vent like a child

Dear (so-called friend),

Look, I usually don't like to pick who my friends are. Usually I can tolerate almost anyone. I don't usually complain when my friends come to me and vent about the same subject over and over again, with no conclusion. I don't really mind when they ask me for my opinion and outcast it as if I didn't think about what I wanted to say. I don't usually care when people like to follow my every step in what I want to do for myself or for my family. In fact, it makes me feel kind of special that I can be somewhat of a role model in my friend's life, even if they did tell me what a stupid idea it is at first. I don't usually mind when people steal my ideas and take credit for it. And I don't usually take seriously the constant criticism and the sarcastic comments about what I have, what I do, or what I am, but this has got to STOP!

I'm sorry that your mansion is too small for you. I'm sorry that your filthy rich in-laws never shower you with diamonds. I'm sorry that your husband won't take you around the world, or buy you a million dollar designer bag. I'm sorry that your husband does not get the respect that he deserves. 'm sorry that you feel deprieved of the fake idea of a life that you dreamed of. I'm sorry that all these things make you unhappy.

But here's a tip. Life is more than just money. Life is a lot of hard work. And you're not going to make it any better by complaining about it everyday. Do something, get a job, get a life!

I am done with your abuse and your negative energy that's sucking the life out of me. I am done playing along just so I don't hurt your feelings. I'm done pretending that there is nothing wrong with you. Because clearly, there is.

But despite of all this, I would like to thank you - for making me feel grateful for my life, for the blessings that I receive everyday, and for making me see that what I have is more than I need.

I pray that you will find your way soon.

With kind regards,

(your friend)

No comments: