August 29, 2008

Mother Lion

Kid fell off the bed again this morning. This is the 4th time. It wasn't as bad as when she fell down about 5 days ago with a huge thump. This time, it was just her cry that was super loud. I can feel my instincts become sharper. This time I actually broke her fall a little bit with my leg. Half-a-sleep at 3am leg...! Not bad. And while I was looking for damages, I found 2 huge mosquito bites. I'm sure somewhere, there's a tiny little mosquito who just died of greed.

This has gotten way out of hand. I felt so helpless. Yeah, ok, maybe the mosquito bite is inevitable in this hot humid tropical climate, but I mean, what kind of mother allows her kid to roll off her bed on a regular basis? It wasn't as if I had wanted her to do some super stunts, but she's so active it's too hard to control.

When I'm not asleep, I'm usually very protective of her. I let her do her own things, and I ward off people who disapproves. I'm always behind her whenever she starts standing up or when she's trying to force open drawers (yes, she's that strong!), so that her tiny little fingers don't get caught.

But I guess that I have to accept that I too am a human being, who has limits. I can't always protect her from those greedy little mosquitos, or whatever is in the sun or the winds. But I can take preventive measures.

From now on - more insect repellers, mosquitos nets, and always sleeping in her own Graco!

The Mother Lion has spoken.

No comments: